Access the Real-Time Console
The Real-Time Console provides dynamic information about the status of each monitoring service and will issue an alarm to alert operators whenever an error occurs, or when a performance threshold has been exceeded. It provides a great way to visually monitor the day's performance for multiple services at once.
To access the Real-Time Console via the web:
- Navigate to http://webmetrics.com/login.html
- Under the Real-Time Console Login area, enter your username and password, and click the Login button.
- A new window will load with the Real-Time Console.
To access the Real-Time Console via your PC:
- Download the Windows installer for the Real-Time Console at http://www2.webmetrics.com/downloads/Webmetrics%20Real-Time%20Console%20Installer%203.0.exe.
- Double-click on the installer and follow the on-screen instructions to install the Real-Time Console utility onto your PC.
- Unless any of the default options were modified, a desktop shortcut should be created. Double-click on this to launch the Real-Time console. Otherwise, navigate to the folder the Real-Time Console was installed to and double-click the Webmetrics Real-Time Console executable.
- Enter your username and password in the spaces provided and click Enter.
- The Real-Time Console will load.
Once you have logged in, you can select the services you would like to view under the Select Graphs drop-down menu. Status information for each service selected appears in a tabular format underneath the graphs.
For the PC-based Real-Time Console, clicking Exit will close the Real-Time Console without logging you out. This will allow you to launch the Real-Time Console later without re-entering your credentials.
Click Logout to completely log out of the Real-Time Console.