Exporting to Excel
You can export your service data to a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet for additional analysis and future reference.
To export your service data:
- Click on the name of the service you want to export the data for. You can do this either from the Dashboard or the Services window located on the left-hand side of the Services tab page.
- Click on the Logs sub-tab for your service.
- Select the date or date range you wish to export the data for using the pre-defined options; or specify a range either manually or by using the calendar tool. Performance log data for each service is kept in our system on a rolling one-year time span.
- Please note that you can export a maximum of seven days' worth of performance data at one time. If the date range is longer than seven days, you will be presented with an error message asking you to reduce the length of the range. Microsoft Excel limits the number of rows in a spreadsheet to a maximum of 65,536 rows, so we cannot export more data than that.
- From the drop down menu, select "Export to Excel" and click "Go".
- In the pop-up window that appears, click on the .xls link to download the file. If this is a fullpage service and you wish the Excel file to include fullpage items, click on the link below the .xls link to retrieve the .xls file which includes the fullpage items.
Another option is to export just the errors for the time period selected. To do this, select the check-box on the Logs tab which says "Only show strikes/errors" and then click the Go button.
Additionally, when viewing the logs in your browser, you can click on the "Export to Excel" button at the top of the log viewer to export the current log range to Excel. Keep in mind that the seven-day limit mentioned above in Step 3 applies here, too, and you will be prompted to go back and select a shorter date range if your current view exceeds seven days. For additional information on accessing log files, please see Access_log_files.