How do I share services with other users?
Service sharing allows the recipients access to the services that you have chosen to share with them as if they were their own. They will have access to:
- graphs and reports
- detailed logs
- utilities to diagnose problems
Services can only be shared to other Webmetrics account holders. You control the level of access your recipients have over the data shared with them by using one of these two levels of permissions:
- allows the recipients to view graphs, logs, reports, etc, but does not allow them to make any changes to service.
- allows the recipient access to the shared service as if it was their own. This includes the ability to change settings, alert contacts, reporting contacts, etc.
To share performance monitoring information with another Webmetrics user
- Go to the Ecosystem tab at the top of your dashboard
- If you see a splash screen, please follow the Ecosystem_Management_Activation_Procedure.
- Select "Initiate new share..." from the left side of the screen.
- Select the services you would like to share as well as their permission levels (Read Only/Read Write).
- Enter an email address or the Webmetrics username of the person you would like to share to and click "Share". Multiple recipients can be entered as long as they are separated by commas.
- Once you have clicked the "Share" button, the recipient usernames will be notified of your request to share services with them.
- The services you have shared to the specified recipients will initially be in a "Pending" status.
- The recipients must review and accept the shared services before they can access the data you have shared with them.
To share to someone without a Webmetrics account
- Follow steps 1-4 from the "how to share with another Webmetrics user" procedure above.
- Once you get to Step 5, instead of a username, enter the email of the person you wish to share with.
- Click the "Share" button
- An email with instructions will be sent to the address you specified:
- Once the person accepts your shared data, you will receive a confirmation email that will also include their Webmetrics username. Once the recipient accepts your shared data, the left hand column of the "Shared by You" tab will show the username they've associated the shares with instead of the original email address. An example confirmation email is below:
To share with someone without knowning their Webmetrics username
- Follow the same procedure as"how to share to someone without a Webmetrics account" above.
- The email sent out contains instructions for associating the shares with an existing Webmetrics account.