Rename a service
You may want to rename an existing service to clarify the purpose of the monitor, or provide a more descriptive name. If you plan to update the service to monitor a different URL or application than it did originally, renaming the service makes it clear what the service's new purpose is.
To rename an existing service:
- Click on the name of the service you want to rename. You can do this either from the Dashboard or the Services window located on the left-hand side of the Services tab page.
- Click on the Settings sub-tab to load the Service Settings menu.
- Select the Rename and Edit Description menu option.
- Click on the blank text box and enter a new service name, up to 50 characters in length. The name could describe the service itself or the application or system to be tested.
- Click the Save Settings button to save your changes.